Saturday, January 10, 2015

Let's make a sandwich

 My best memories are with the Buhler FFA. I could go on for hours about my love and passion for the organization. It has let me grow from a shy quiet freshman to a confident leader who will be running for a state office in spring. It's truly amazing! This love has lead to me becoming an officer. I have served at Vice President and Secretary. In that order. That was easily the hardest thing I have gone through. It destroyed me for a dew days. But I've come to realize that titles don't mean anything. Just because I don't get "president" on my jacket does not mean I can't be an above and beyond leader. The name "President" does not mean anything to me. Regardless of a title it's my job to do absolutely everything in my power to make out chapter great.

Anyway, yesterday was our annual January Game night! As an officer our big activities are always a little stressful. You have the meal, the activities, everything! And you want it to be just right! Unfortunately that doesn't always happen and some minor problem solving has to take place. But that's okay, that's why being a leader is about! Usually during our bigger activities we have most if not all of the officers there, well yesterday we had a whole two officers. It made a normally slightly stressful situation a little more difficult, which is okay! The hardwork I put in is a labor of love. After all was said and done I was exhausted! Many people don't understand how truly exhausting preparing for these activities really is!! But the smiles, the hey Bailey's, and the what can I do to help's make all of it worth it. The impact on the members makes every ounce of energy and stress all worth it! I love working my butt of for the FFA members!! If it makes a difference for just one person, it's worth it. I love the FFA and the kids in it. So much. 

This was the product of my leadership activity. They had a sandwich maker and the rest of the team have instructions on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Here's the catch, the sandwich maker was to take everything literally! It made for some interesting sandwiches!! The group of kids in our FFA never cease to amazing. It is truly so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment