Sunday, January 11, 2015

It's all about perspective!

Perspective is a funny thing! Think of the world from the perspective of an ant and think of the perspective of a skyscraper. Very different views of the same world! It's amazing! And the great thing about perspective is you can always change it. If you don't like something look at it from a different perspective. For me the hardest thing is to not compare everything to the past. Last year, albeit difficult, was a great year. I had many successes and learned a lot of lessons. So going into this year I find myself saying well last year.... The thing is last year is in the past. And in order to make this year even better I have to let last year go and push harder to make this year even better! I can't expect anything to change for the better if I don't change my perspective. I'm going to try harder to pave my own way thing year! 

I will never be able to succeed if I base my own level of success on others. Today I ran two miles, if I look at a marathon runner my two miles looks like nothing. It's not a fair comparison! In order to get better I have to compete with myself rather than other people. My own success should not be based on other people. If my goal is to be first place then I will do what I need to get there and nothing more. But, if I am trying to beat myself then "the limit does not exist" (mean girls. Sorry I had to). Last year I entered the vet science contest wanting to put up the best scores I could and hopefully place top ten in the process. I won the state contest. Most importantly I was PROUD of my scores. This year I was sceptical if I wanted to even compete in the contest I loved so much. Why? Because I didn't think I would get first again. Dumb reason right? It's not about the snazzy plaque or the bragging rights. It's about competing with myself. My goal shouldn't be to place first. It should be to beat my pretty great scores from last year! Change of perspective can do wonders. 

~if you don't like where you are, change your perspective~
Words to live by. Pretty #deep (reference to my ap English class).

No comments:

Post a Comment